Certified Executive Coach and Leadership Development Consultant
Barbara Blake is a Certified Executive Coach and Leadership Development Consultant. Before founding Longview Associates, she earned her MBA and worked as a corporate manager and business leader in financial services, consulting and publishing organizations. With more than 20 years of experience in leadership development and cultural transformation, Blake understands how to help leaders and organizations maximize their potential and achieve stated goals. She relates to clients’ challenges and quickly guides them to self-awareness, transformation and teachable, sustainable solutions.
Colleagues and clients respect Blake for her intelligence, insightfulness and expertise. Authenticity, dedication and integrity complement her professional acuity.
Blake is recognized for producing quick, sustainable and systemic results. Clientele appreciate her genuine interest in their success and her ability to expedite results. In the words of one senior executive client, "Barbara is the shortcut to getting where you need to be." She understands the demands placed upon executives, the need to produce results, develop staff and move the business forward. Technical competence is not enough to succeed; leadership competence, even excellence, is required.
Blake's client list includes Fortune 500, start-up and middle-market companies, as well as federal entities and institutions of higher education throughout the northeastern United States.
Blake is active in her community, competitive rowing and multiple professional organizations. Her credentials include:
- Certified Executive Coach, Penn State Executive Progam
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Member of the Northeast Ohio Human Resource Planning Society
- Past president of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Cleveland
Longview Associates was founded by Barbara Blake in 2004. Our mission is to facilitate the successful transformation of leaders and organizations, so they are effective, flexible and prepared to take on tomorrow’s challenges.
Our Value proposition and promise TO YOU is:
- Experience in leading, coaching and consulting in a variety of industries and firm sizes;
- A proven methodology for achieving quick, sustainable and systemic results;
- A focus on the client and agreed-upon outcomes; and
- Proven processes for quick, sustainable and systemic results.
Our Coaching Philosophy:
We believe that the coach's role is to challenge, support and hold clients accountable for their behavior and persistence through to defined success. In an effective coaching relationship, a coach:
- Challenges until the true answer is voiced and never accepts "I don't know" as an answer;
- Acknowledges the difficulty of behavioral change and provides guidance, motivation and ongoing support;
- Holds clients accountable for testing, assessing and sustaining new behaviors; and
- Teaches the skills and provides the tools for ongoing success beyond the coaching engagement.
We believe in the power of:
- Learning. Active observing and learning is the first step toward change.
- Constant Innovation. Continually assessing and utilizing new tools for unlocking potential is vital.
- Communication. Listening, observing and questioning helps uncover truths and deeper issues.
- Trust. Creating a trusting environment fosters honesty and growth.
“When the best coach's work is done the client says, 'I did it myself.'” (modified) Lao-tzu